Course Terms & Conditions
- Bookings need to be made at least 10 days in advance prior to a course or workshop. (Contact us if you miss the 10- day deadline as there still may be a place available)
- All NEW students will be emailed a login to the TDS design portal, receive course notes, book classes and receive feedback.
- All NEW students must complete the registration form and send it to email@example.com prior to the course or workshop. Failure to comply may delay your admission into a course or workshop. Log into the student portal to download.
- All payments are 100% advance and non-refundable. However, if a course is cancelled from our end, there will be a full refund.
- The fee payment can be made by one of the following methods:
Cash or cheque(payable to ‘The Designers’ Studio) to a nominated staff member (prior appointment necessary).
Online by Pay Pal- (note that there will be an additional transaction fee by Pay Pal on top of the quoted course/workshop fee)
Via card machine at reception in Our Office.
By bank transfer (note that there will be an additional small bank transaction fee on top of the quoted course/workshop fee). Contact firstname.lastname@example.org the account details.
- A minimum of 4 students is required to run a course/workshop or it will be cancelled.
- It is not possible to transfer the fees to another course/workshop or dates unless a course/workshop has been cancelled.
- Students must present/submit their final project in the last lesson.
- If students miss more than one lesson, they must repeat the course at the original rate paid, take a private lesson at their own cost or take the course online to receive the ‘Letter of Completion’ Certificate to proceed to the next course.
- If students miss one lesson, it cannot be repeated at a later stage.
- Students must have basic computer literacy skills for the programme courses and provide their own laptops. If students do not have basic computer literacy they will be red flagged by the tutor and they will have to follow the process. They will additionally need to take a private lesson to gain knowledge of their computer. If studets hold up the pace of the class due to literacy issues, they may be asked to move to a different date.
- The Designers’ Studio has the right to use photographs of students and their work in our media and marketing unless permission is denied at the time when requested.
- Site visits are subject to availability
- If a tutor Red flags a student they will have to follow the terms and conditions of flagging.
- All students must stay off the phone in classes (please step out to make a phone call).
- Once a seat for a class is booked, you cannot move the seat or date of the class as this can effect minimum numbers.
- If a student does not present in the final class (without a medical certificate or exceptional circumstance) 5% will be deducted from their final grade weekly until submission is made (max 6 weeks).
- If the final submission date exceeds 6 weeks, the student will only be eligible for a pass grade (from 6 weeks- 12 weeks maximum).
- If the student exceeds the final presentation date of 3 months, they will have to repeat the course at their own expense.
- A medical certificate must be provided if the student cannot attend a class and would like to move to another date.
- A Limited portfolio of courses are provided in Abu Dhabi
- Site visits are not applicable in Abu Dhabi. Students are welcome to join on to a Dubai course if they wish to complete the visit at a later date.
- Any promotions on courses cannot be used in conjunction with the Diploma bundle package.
- The Diploma Intent must be known after 30 days.
- If the Diploma bundle is not purchased, it is not applicable for a discount in the future.
- If the student does not purchase the Diploma bundle package but does want to take the Diploma, a deposit of 1000 AED must be given.
- The Diploma must be completed within 36 months of starting the course.
- The Designers Studio Technical Skills Training LLC maintains the www.thedesigners-studio.com Website.
- The United Arab of Emirates is our country of domicile the governing law is the local law. All disputes arising in connection therewith shall be heard only by a court of competent jurisdiction in U.A.E.
- Visa or MasterCard debit and credit cards in AED will be accepted for payment.
- We will not trade with or provide any services to OFAC (Office of Foreign Assets Control) and sanctioned countries in accordance with the law of UAE.
- Customer using the website who are Minor /under the age of 18 shall not register as a User of the website and shall not transact on or use the website.
- The cardholder must retain a copy of transaction records and Merchant policies and rules.
- The student/user is responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of their account.
- After Payment is made and the funds have been received, customers will receive a receipt of payment via email within 24 hours.
- After payment is made for a specific course, the student must attend the course date that they have chosen and paid for.
- If a student is unsatisfied with a course this will be investigated. After an investigation a course fee refund may be issued pending the decision of the founder Anam Clarke. Refunds will be made onto the original mode of payment and will be processed within 10-45 days depending on the issuing bank of the credit card. Please note we reserve the right to refuse.
- Multiple bookings may result in multiple postings to the cardholder’s monthly statement.