3ds Max with V-Ray
3ds Max is a computer graphics program for creating 3D models, animations, and digital
images. It’s one of the most popular programs in the computer graphics industry and is well
known for having a robust toolset for 3D artists.
It is often used for character modeling and animation as well as for rendering photorealistic
images of buildings and other objects. When it comes to modeling 3ds Max is unmatched in
speed and simplicity.
V-Ray® for 3ds Max is a production-proven rendering software. Known for its versatility and
ability to handle any type of project — from massive, dynamic scenes having thousands of lights
to a sublime still life — it is the go-to solution for artists and designers across 3D industries.
- Program overview and settings for PC
- Understanding viewports and switching according to preference
- Understanding the command panel- Creating and modifying shapes
- Clicking and dragging to creates shapes
- Orbiting objects in viewports
- Different options of selecting an object
- Understanding, moving and rotating objects with respect to the X,Y & Z axis
- How to copy/clone an object & clone options.
- Modifying an object and its properties
- Sub object selection mode
- Importing a floor plan on 3ds max
- Settings units
- Modelling walls, floors and ceiling
- Understanding the measure tool
- Creating openings in the interior.
- Modelling basic furniture and setting parameters
- Importing furniture & scaling objects in an interior scene
- Importing materials and applying on furniture & objects
- Changing properties of materials
- Importing different types of light fixtures
- Placing a camera and setting your scene
- Understanding V-ray
- Importing Vray materials & settings parameters
- Creating effects on v-ray materials
- Understanding render settings
- Understanding and settings different types of Vray lights
- Setting V-ray camera & adjusting its parameters
- Setting and environment/background
- Understanding subdivision render set-up
- Test Rendering
- Changing material parameters according to desired render effect
- Batch renders
- Loading Vray presets
- Final renders & post production process
To be announced
In Studio- 5,500 AED
None, however basic computer literacy is required.
Laptop with 4GB RAM & wheel mouse.
The Designers’ Studio runs an active Internship Programme whereby we collaborate with several interior design companies and showrooms such as Pottery Barn, Ethan Allen, Crate and Barrel to name a few. The end goal of our training is to secure work in the industry for our graduates and we actively facilitate this. Work shadowing is organised for top students during holiday breaks. Great care is taken to match the student’s aspirations and abilities with a suitable practice.