AutoCAD is a powerful programme which allows designers and architects to create 2D computer aided designs. This course is intended to familiarise students with the different 2D tools available and to teach them the foundations of the software.
• Understanding the coordinate system and general interface
• Viewing and Navigating- zoom, pan, selection methods
• Drawing Basic Objects- Rectangle, lines, polylines, circles, arcs polygon
• Modifying – osnap, move, erase, offset, mirror
• Editing objects- trim, fillet, chamfer, drawing circles in osnap
• Text, polar tracking, centering between midpoints, divide, array
• hatching and hatching activity
• Making custom title block
• setting up and adding dimensions
• match properties, scale, stretch
• Understanding and identifying model space and paper space
• activating view ports
• Line types, scaling line types in viewport
• Furniture library and making blocks
• living room furniture layout plan
• master bedroom furniture layout plan
• formal living and dining room layout plan
• children’s bedroom furniture layout plan
• apartment furniture layout plan
• May 19th – June 9th (every Wednesday)- In Studio 9:00AM-1PM
• May 22nd – June 12th (every Saturday)- In Studio 1:30PM-5:30PM
In Studio- 2100 AED
None, however basic computer literacy is required.
Laptop with 4GB RAM & wheel mouse.
The Designers’ Studio runs an active Internship Programme whereby we collaborate with several interior design companies and showrooms such as Pottery Barn, Ethan Allen, Crate and Barrel to name a few. The end goal of our training is to secure work in the industry for our graduates and we actively facilitate this. Work shadowing is organised for top students during holiday breaks. Great care is taken to match the student’s aspirations and abilities with a suitable practice.