After the Level 1: Essentials class, this course continues with more sophisticated techniques that extend your mastery of the software. This course aims to further equip those who wish to pursue a more advanced career in the practice of interior designing. The course is designed to study in great detail each and every module of interior design through Auto CAD – 2D modeling. Throughout the course, practical exercises and projects will be conducted in order to evaluate the competency of the students with regards related course elements and concepts.
- Review on level one commands
- Quick level one exercise
- Understanding Layers
- Tracing and Scaling command
- Align command
- Drawing list
- Introducing final project
- Understanding complex drawings with their layers
- Create furniture plan in 2 areas of villa exercise
- Create furniture block & block library for final project
- Create FF&E plan for final project
- Create ceiling plan for final project
- Super hatch, wipeout & draw order command
- Create floor finishes plan for final project
- Understanding elevations
- Elevations for final project
- Paper space: insert title block in Paper space
- Aligning and justifying text
- Creating view ports
- Homework explanation
- Introduction to XREFS
- Final project:
labeling viewport windows
- add a cover sheet
- add legends and notes
- Final review
- Export as PDF
• January 13th -February 3rd (every Thursday) – In Studio 9AM to 1PM
In Studio Price: 2300 AED
AutoCad Level 1 or equivalent.
Laptop with 4GB RAM & wheel mouse.
The Designers’ Studio runs an active Internship Programme whereby we collaborate with several interior design companies and showrooms such as Pottery Barn, Ethan Allen, Crate and Barrel to name a few. The end goal of our training is to secure work in the industry for our graduates and we actively facilitate this. Work shadowing is organised for top students during holiday breaks. Great care is taken to match the student’s aspirations and abilities with a suitable practice.