Diploma in Interior Design: Professional Practice
This robust Diploma is a step up from the foundation Interior Design Diploma and allows students to walk straight in to the working world with confidence. Throughout the courses students will cover all facets of computer programming needed in the market. Students will be given documentation, gain supplier lists, learn how to charge, make their own websites and promotional material and more. By the time students receive their Diploma, they will be armed with an eye-catching portfolio and skills required to make them sought after candidates for internships and employment, they will even be able to work with their own private clients. The Designers’ Studio assists many students with opportunities though their industry contacts.
Note/ This Diploma will allow students access into the active internship programme.
Students who wish to complete a Training Diploma in Interior Design: Professional Practice with the Designers Studio will need to complete 10 courses with us, this must include the following:
Residential Interior Design Level 1, 2 & 3
Commercial Interior Design Level 1
Computer programming courses: SketchUp level 1, AutoCad level 1, Photoshop Level 1
An additional course of your choice (4 week)
The bundle package offers the aforementioned courses at a discounted rate. Diploma students are encouraged to complete the courses back to back however can take more time if needed (max of 3 years from start date). For more information please view the Diploma page.
- To develop students technical knowledge, skills in the creative and technical aspects of interior design and in the specialist skills associated with the profession
- To facilitate students to walk into the work place or start up their own company immediately.
- For students to have their own documentation such as websites, supplier lists, contracts and more.
- To promote the attainment of the skills and knowledge required to gain appropriate professional status in the design discipline.
- To work comfortably with architects, contractors etc on site with coordination.
- To be able to handle clients
- 23,000 AED (+VAT) if purchased as a bundle package.
- Students can purchase courses for Diploma individually however must give a 2500 AED deposit. 1500 AED is non refundable but 1000 AED will be redeemable against their last (Professional Portfolio) course.
- Programming: Computer with at least 4GB RAM and a wheel mouse. The software must be purchased at the students own cost. Trail versions will be used for level 1 courses. TDS has student rates with SketchUp.
- Interior Design: Scale ruler, tracing paper, graph paper, double sided tape, metal ruler, Stanley knife, scissors, glue, A4 white paper, A2 foam board
Only available for the Professional Diploma: The Designers’ Studio runs an active Internship Programme whereby we collaborate with several interior design companies and showrooms such as Pottery Barn, Ethan Allen, Crate and Barrel to name a few. The end goal of our training is to secure work in the industry for our graduates and we actively facilitate this. Work shadowing is organised for top students during holiday breaks. Great care is taken to match the student’s aspirations and abilities with a suitable practice.
The internationally recognized Diploma is accredited by the KHDA (Knowledge and Human Development Authority).
To facilitate flexible adult education you can start at any time. We have monthly start dates, learn at your own convenience and it is recommended to start with the Residential Level 1 course, however any Level 1 is permitted. The course must be completed within 3 years of start date.