Diploma in Interior Design
The skills and knowledge of the Diploma course are specifically aimed at equipping the graduate for the world of work. In studio learning facilitates the development of ideas and the acquisition of the skills required to interact with other designers, contractors and suppliers. The course approaches design method through the investigation and a varied number of projects and workshops that explore residential and commercial sites to familiarize students with the expectations of the professional design world.
Students who wish to complete a Diploma with the Designers Studio will need to complete 7 courses with us, this must include the following:
- Residential 1-3
- Commercial 1
- Professional 1
- A programme course- SketchUp or AutoCad.
- An additional course of your preference (Photoshop, Commercial 2 etc.)
The bundle package offers the aforementioned courses at a discounted rate. Diploma students are encouraged to complete the courses back to back however can take more time if needed (max of 3 years from start date). For more information please view the Diploma page.
- To develop students knowledge, skills in the creative and technical aspects of interior design and in the specialist skills associated with the profession
- To promote the attainment of the skills and knowledge required to gain appropriate professional status in the design discipline
- Develop an awareness and appreciation of design in general and interior design in particular to enable students to work with confidence and skill in their future careers
- Encourage in depth design analysis
- Introduce or develop research skills in support of design training and practice
- Provide a historical context against which students can develop their ideas
- Encourage individuality and creativity in all design work
- Understand the nature of design as a problem-solving exercise and as a relationship between functional, technical and aesthetic elements
- Successfully prepare and present a finalised design solution complete with all the necessary visual material and information to communicate a scheme fully, including a well-organised verbal presentation to their client
- Make a valuable contribution within the interior design profession, or multi-disciplinary design practices; or as self-employed designers
- Be able to successfully communicate concepts at sketch design stage with freehand sketches, visual material and rationales
- Be aware of the value of research and sourcing in support of their design work.
- 16,500 AED if purchased as a bundle package.
- Students can purchase courses for Diploma individually however must give a 1000 AED deposit redeemable against their last (Professional) course.
Scale ruler, tracing paper, graph paper, double sided tape, metal ruler, Stanley knife, scissors, glue, A4 white paper, A2 foam board
Internships and the work placement program is only in conjunction with the Professional Practice Diploma. If you would like work placements it is recommended to take the higher Diploma.
The internationally recognized Diploma is accredited by the KHDA (Knowledge and Human Development Authority). Certificate courses take four weeks to complete while Diploma courses can be completed within an academic year with course combining. The ethos of The Designers Studio is flexible adult education, therefore students can take up to 36 months to complete their studies on Diploma Programmes. By the time students receive their Diploma, they will be armed with an eye-catching portfolio and an comprehensive understanding of the foundations of Interior Design.
There is the additional option to achieve a UK accredited Level 2 Diploma in Creative Techniques- Interiors with qualification number 7157-13. The City and Guilds are the world leader in skills development and are recognised as the benchmark for high quality training that meet the needs of today’s workplace. Students will need to make their intent known 30 days after starting their first course and pay an additional 1500 AED on top of their fee to avail this option.
Start any time with a Residential Level 1 course. The course must be completed within 3 years of start date.