•January 9th to 30th Tuesday – In Studio 9:00AM to 1:00PM
Feng Shui for Interior Design Course
Feng shui is an ancient Chinese philosophy that seeks to find balance and harmony between elements. Incorporating feng shui goes beyond Western design tenets of comfort or aesthetic. Instead it places emphasis on physical and mental health, success, and healthy relationships, which is brought on through positive energy flow.
Often referred to as the art of placement, in the simplest of terms feng shui is about positioning different elements to optimize “Chi,” or energy. The term is comprised of two words: “feng,” meaning wind and “shui,” meaning water. Not only are these two elements basic and vital to human existence, but they also move and flow around the world.
While the principles of feng shui apply to many elements of life, they are commonly practiced in interior design, in this course learn how to use the tools used in feng shui analysis for any home or commercial space. There is also a guided 15 min meditation and talk by a Feng Shui expert in the final lesson.
- What is Feng Shui
- Colour theory
- Feng Shui colour meanings
- 5 elements of Feng Shui
- Activity: colour the elements
- History of Feng Shui
- Practices for feng shui design
- The 2 Bagua (compass and BTB Grid)
- Step by Step guide to the Bagua
- Understanding the Bagua Elements
- Floor plans
- Drawing to Scale
- Activity: Drawing to Scale
- Activity: Bagua on the plan
- Fixing bad feng shui
- Feng Shui in living room design
- Feng Shui in bedroom design
- Feng Shui in kitchen and bathroom design
- Feng Shui in office design
- Guided 15 min meditation
- Course presentations
- Feng Shui expert talk
- In Studio- 2500 AED
- Pre-recorded- not available
No prior entry requirements needed.
Tracing paper, ruler, Stanley knife, scissors, glue, A4 white paper, colouring pencils, interior design magazine.