• OCTOBER 3rd to 31st Monday (EXC OCT 17th) – In Studio 9AM to 1PM
Architectural Model Design Course
Architectural scale models are an excellent way for designers to see a three-dimensional representation and get a physical feel for how a design project will develop. Along with 3D renderings, building models are another phase of architectural design that can inform how the architect proceeds during the creative and building process.
Students will build from a foundation of hand drawing with plans, elevations and sections. The emphasis will be on scale drawing with the development of skills in line, shape, form, proportions, shading and rendering techniques in various types of pencils, charcoal and ink. This foundation will allow students to create their final scale project model in foam board.
- Interior architecture introduction
- Free hand drawing tools (professional drawing)
- How to fix Canson paper on board to start professional drawing
- Scale drawing activities
- Free hand drawing activities and visual expressions.
- Interior design process
- Understanding Architectural grid vs Structural grid
- Understanding plans, sections, elevations
- Professional coloring, hatching and presentation (project rendering) techniques
- Plan zoning diagrams
- Understanding site surveys and orientations
- Plan zoning
- Creating plans and elevations for the final project
- Creating the shell of the space in foam
- Adding architectural details using mixed media
- Building the interior of the space
- Adding realistic elements
- Adding accessories and finished edges
- Final presentation
- In Studio- 2500 AED
No prior entry requirements needed.
- T- ruler
- Scale ruler
- 45 triangle, 30*60 triangle
- Aresto Triangle
- Furniture stencils
- Screw pencil (H, HB, B)
- Canson white paper 50*70
- Thin rubber
- Ink pens (0.1, 0.3,0.6)
- Water colors
- Architectural markers
- Foam Boards A3 x 3
Internships and the work placement program is only in conjunction with the Professional Practice Diploma. If you would like work placements it is recommended to take the higher Diploma.