• Program Overview and settings for PC and Mac
• Understanding the x,y,z planes and navigating between them
• Understanding all tool sets and examples
• Completing class activity using tool sets
• Drawing plans in 3D SketchUp
• Understanding layers
• Making the cornice with follow me
• Making walls, flooring and ceiling
• Adding curtains, doors and windows.
• Adding furniture on to the face of planes.
• Making groups.
• Moving, rotating and scaling furniture
• Adding colour to the 3D
• Adding and making your own textures
• Changing the Style of the final image (At least 3-4 final shots with different angles)
• Exporting shots
None, however basic computer literacy is required.
Laptop with 4GB RAM & wheel mouse.
The Designers’ Studio runs an active Internship Programme whereby we collaborate with several interior design companies and showrooms such as Pottery Barn, Ethan Allen, Crate and Barrel to name a few. The end goal of our training is to secure work in the industry for our graduates and we actively facilitate this. Work shadowing is organised for top students during holiday breaks. Great care is taken to match the student's aspirations and abilities with a suitable practice.
Term 3 Dates
The In Studio & Online learning Term 3 dates are listed below:
• June 4th-25th- (every Thursday)- IN STUDIO 9AM-1PM
• June 2nd- 23rd, 9am-1pm- every Tuesday for 4 weeks (LIVE ONLINE)