SketchUp is a 3D modelling programme from google in which students can transform 2D drawings into stunning 3Ds. SketchUp helps visualize designs and make them a reality. Ever had a problem explaining to someone an idea you had for a room alteration? Well, with the course you’ll be able to show them! Whether you are new to using 3D software or are even new to a computer, the tutor’s straight forward step- by- step explanations ensure you will be able to make your own models with ease.
• Program Overview and settings for PC and Mac
• Understanding the x,y,z planes and navigating between them
• Understanding all tool sets and examples
• Completing class activity using tool sets
• Drawing plans in 3D SketchUp
• Understanding layers
• Making the cornice with follow me
• Making walls, flooring and ceiling
• Adding curtains, doors and windows.
• Adding furniture on to the face of planes.
• Making groups.
• Moving, rotating and scaling furniture
• Adding colour to the 3D
• Adding and making your own textures
• Changing the Style of the final image (At least 3-4 final shots with different angles)
• Exporting shots
• April 18th to May 9th Tuesday – In Studio 9:00AM to 1:00PM
• April 23rd to May 14th Sunday – In Studio 9:00AM to 1:00PM
EVENING COURSE– Dubai, In Studio
• April 18th to May 11th Tuesday & Thursday – In Studio 7:00PM to 9:00PM
In Studio- 2500 AED
None, however basic computer literacy is required.
Laptop with 4GB RAM & wheel mouse.
Internships and the work placement program is only in conjunction with the Professional Practice Diploma. If you would like work placements it is recommended to take the higher Diploma.